BE YOUR BEST is a personal empowerment course designed by Linda Adams of Gordon Training International
for those people seeking an effective and enjoyable way to learn proven communication skills, problem solving and conflict resolution skills.
- 3-hour sessions over a ten-week period with a small class size.
- Structured for maximum learning, participants experience a carefully designed combination of:
Instructor Presentation: Information is shared in a way that is interesting & engaging.
Specially designed exercises: Individual and small group exercises designed for self-discovery and developing new skills. (Exercises are completely supportive. No one is singled out or embarrassed).
Group Discussion: Questions are answered, views shared. These are some of the most stimulating segments of the program.
Scenarios: Relevant life experiences can be useful learning tools in providing a better understanding of situations. As a skills-based program, participants practice in class to gain confidence in applying these skills in everyday life.
CHECKLIST FOR EFFECTIVENESS:
Would you like to be able to?
- Share your ideas and express what you want with others, confidently.
- Say “No” without feeling guilty or becoming aggressive?
- Resolve a difficulty with another person so you have a win-win outcome?
- Reduce ‘unwanted’ or negative emotions’?
- Manage differences concerning values?
- Listen when others are feeling ‘down’ without having to ‘fix it’ for them?
- Set achievable goals to reach your full potential?
If you answered “YES” to any of these questions, you could benefit greatly from this course in “Personal Empowerment”.
You can enhance and increase your personal best by:
1. Stopping others bullying or manipulating you. Both passive and aggressive responses invite intimidation and/or retaliation. Also, learn how to deal with aggressiveness in others.
2. Influencing people to accept your ideas – and listen to you – more readily. Use skills that build your personal power.
3. Handling conflict with calm confidence and composure; even in emotionally charged situations.
4. Managing situations better with people who are “Difficult to get on with”. Avoid unnecessary aggravations and gain more co-operation.
5. Attaining new levels of self-responsibility. Others have more confidence in you when you communicate openly and directly.
Learn negotiation skills that offer major benefits – in all areas of life.
ABOUT YOUR INSTRUCTOR:
Kathryn Tonges has conducted effective communication and parenting courses during 38 years both privately and at Tertiary Education Level. She coordinated a Family Support Program in Australia where she supported and offered training for families and individuals in developing and improving their personal and family relationships using the skills of assertiveness training, self development, and effective communication strategies to provide ‘win-win’ solutions to the daily challenges in life. These are the same skills that you will learn in the Personal Empowerment program… a program to assist you to ‘Be Your Best’.
More recently as an expatriate in China she taught Be Your Best to fellow expatriates who found the course very beneficial in a variety of work contexts, identifying career choices and especially for parents looking to return to the workforce after years of fulltime parenting.
Kathryn’s presentation style is interactive, informative, motivational, engaging and personal.
Her passion is helping people to build more peaceful, loving relationships through improving their communication skills.
Next Course: February 2023
Contact Kathryn Tonges if you are interested in a Be Your Best course either in Brisbane or the Sunshine Coast in person or online if you live anywhere in Australia or New Zealand.